Saturday, December 13, 2008

Forward

I figured I would take the chance to explain what the purpose of this blog was before we get much further.

Thanks to a whole boatload of reasons I am lucky enough to be traveling to Japan this winter. I am a pretty big anime nerd so if you know what that is then you can imagine just how excited I am. Best of all I get to stay for close to a month (Dec. 17th - Jan. 9th). I will be traveling with one of my best friends John who is quite an awesome individual. John is less of an anime nerd and rivals me in being a video game nerd. We will be traveling to Tokyo where we will be met by John's brother; Alex, who has been studying abroad there for the past 5 months.

So in summation these will be the chronicles of two nerd's pilgrimage to the video game and anime mecca of the world. Armed only with their poor understanding of the language, a few dollars, and their wits... they will have to brave the strange foods, the strange language, and the strange customs if these two nerds have any hope of surviving... It can't be that hard... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment