Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 7 A very BLEACH Christmas Eve

One week into our travels we decided to try something new in Japan. We went to Denny's. You may be saying to me... Justin we have those in America... your dumb. I would say YOUR WRONG... Denny's in Japan is something close to a 3 star restaurant... there is really no concept of the traditional American breakfast here there are very few dishes that actually contain egg. Even their bacon is weird... but it was quite delicious. After some strange new foods we headed to a movie theater to check out the new Bleach movie. YES... they play anime in movie theaters but I would discourage anyone from going to one... because Japanese movie theaters are outrageously pricey. But we did see it and I was surprised how much I could understand... luckily anything I couldn't I had my personal translator Alex to help me out. After that we headed to a park in Ebisu to see their famous Christmas lights... to be honest... it was rather unimpressive but while we were their we did stop at McDonnalds for what we thought was going to be a cheap meal... WRONG AGAIN... McDonalds in Japan has about 6 things on the menu and they are all at least 700 Yen or 7 dollars... as we felt our wallets shrinking and gradually felt more depressed we got a call from our friend Tugbe who was out with some friends and wanted to meet up. This time all of the Japanese who we hung out with spoke English to some extent and we all had a good time... 

Oh and if your looking at my pictures you may be a little confused by the man in the pink one piece... On our way to Shibuya we ran into this guy who I guess just really wanted to blow off some steam being that it's Christmas Eve... and well Tugbe really wanted her picture taken with him... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment